Friday, June 30, 2006

Week Three

The third week was a great one.

For the first time in my life, I found myself getting up at 5:15 in the morning on a weekday (Thursday), and heading out of the house at 6:00AM. This was for the weekly buddy run. We were supposed to run anywhere between 3 and 5 miles that day, and most of us chose to do about 4 miles. Here's the 4.4 mile route that I ran that day.

The weekend run (on 24th) was supposed a 4-6 miles on-your-own run. But my mentor organized a group run, and I ended up running with 4 others. The course was the same as the buddy run, and by now I had become quite familiar with it. It's a very nice course to run on, especially early in the morning at 7:30 on a Saturday! My mentor kept me company for the first half of the run, after which I ran alone. The 4.4 miles were up quickly, and then I had the entire weekend to enjoy myself.

We were told to take things a bit light this weekend as we were gearing up for the long run the next weekend. I am looking forward to the 8 mile run!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go pradnya!. Do tell us how your 8 mile long run went this weekend.

Monday, July 10, 2006 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger Pradnya said...

Minal and Rohit, Thanks a lot for your wishes! And for your generous donation as well. I just put up the post about the 8-mile run. It was an awesome run.

Rohit, you have been a great inspiration for me in my marathon training efforts. Here's hoping that I reach the finish line, just like you have on numerous occasions.
-Pradnya

Monday, July 10, 2006 11:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home