Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Nike Women's Marathon 2006: I Did It!

On a beautiful Sunday, on 22nd October 2006, I finished my first marathon. I ran (and walked) all of the whopping distance of 26.2 miles. I completed the run in 6:17:30. That's a very long time to keep running/walking, and I could very well feel it in my sore muscles. But the muscles are also evidence of the challenges I faced and managed to overcome in the race. I will put up a much more detailed post about the marathon later. But I am very happy to say that I am a "marathon finisher" now. I even received a beautiful Tiffany and Co. Finisher Necklace, as well as a Nike Women's Marathon Finisher's t-shirt.

5 Comments:

Blogger dazedandconfused said...

Congrats! :)

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger TX Runner Mom said...

Just found your blog as I was looking into the Nike Women's Marathon. Congrats on your terrific accomplishment!!!

Friday, November 03, 2006 7:24:00 AM  
Blogger Pradnya said...

dazedandconfused,
Thanks for the wishes.
-Pradnya

Sunday, November 12, 2006 2:49:00 PM  
Blogger Pradnya said...

tx runner girl,
Thanks for your wishes. You seem to be quite an avid runner.
-Pradnya

Sunday, November 12, 2006 2:49:00 PM  
Blogger Aditya said...

awesome pradnya ... delayed wishes, but better late than never :)

Friday, February 09, 2007 6:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home