Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thank You!

This has been a long overdue post. To all the donors to my fund-raiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and to all supporters of my marathon training: a big thank you. Thanks to your support I have managed to far exceed my fund-raising goal. In addition, my employer matched a big chunk of the money I raised. I am quite happy and proud of the collective fund raising effort that we all managed. More details can be found at: My Fundraising Webpage.

Thanks to all the support I received from everyone, I have managed to stick through the training phase. Now I am anxiously awaiting the final event this Sunday. I am feeling quite confident, and slightly nervous at the same time. The marathon promises to be a fun, yet challenging event. Look up more details on the event at: The Nike Marathon.

Once again, thank you everyone.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply amazing, Pradnya! Stay encouraged by the milestones you have crossed. I am sure you will conquer the final one with ease.

Friday, October 20, 2006 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger Priya said...

Awesome effort.
All the best in the final one.
You Go Girl!!!

Friday, October 20, 2006 9:56:00 AM  
Blogger Rohit Sonak said...

GO Pradnya! Think about how many lives you have touched through your fund raising efforts ... also about what a wonderful day you are going to have running every mile of your first marathon ... and last but not the least, i am sure it will be an amazing feeling crossing that finish line!

Friday, October 20, 2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Pradnya said...

Sushant, Thanks for the wishes. Although it was not that easy, I did manage to conquer the final one!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Pradnya said...

Priya, Thanks for the wishes.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger Pradnya said...

Rohit, It truly was an amazing feeling when crossing the finish line. After I picked up the necklace and the t-shirt, I knew this was real, and that I was now a marathon finisher.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home